Works in Review
Below is a list of completed projects that are currently under
editorial review. The list includes both unsolicited and invited
contributions, including manuscripts that have not yet had the final
revision formally approved.
- Are pure mathematicians the lyric poets of science? Mathematical
output and creativity across the life span. In P. Casazza, S.
Krantz, & R. Ruden (Eds.), I, mathematician. Washington,
DC: Mathematical Association of America.
- Defining animal creativity: Little-c, often; Big-C, sometimes. In
A. B. Kaufman & J. C. Kaufman (Eds.). Animal creativity and
innovation. San Diego, CA: Academic Press.
genius in Islamic civilization: Quantified time series from
qualitative historical narratives. Journal of Genius &
Eminence (inaugural issue).
- On praising convergent thinking: Creativity as blind variation and
selective retention.Creativity Research Journal (Festschrift
for Arthur Cropley).
- Creative genius, knowledge, and reason: The lives and works of
eminent creators. In J. C. Kaufman & J. Baer (Eds.), Cambridge
companion to creativity and reason in cognitive development
(2nd ed.). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
genius and psychopathology: Creativity as positive and negative
personality. In G. J. Feist, R. Reimer-Palmon, & J. C. Kaufman
(Eds.), Frontiers in creativity and personality. New
York: Academic Press.
- Psychology as a science within Comte’s hypothesized hierarchy: An
empirical and conceptual update.
- Eminent female psychologists in family context: Historical trends
for 80 women born 1847-1950.
- Collaborating creators still have personal psychologies! [Review
of the book The innovators: How a
group of hackers, geniuses, and geeks created the digital
revolution, W. Isaacson]. American
Journal of Psychology.
Complete Publication List
Honors Publications Received
Representative Journal Articles
Works in Progress
Last updated: November 21, 2014