Works in Review
Below is a list of completed projects that are currently under
The list includes both unsolicited and invited contributions,
including manuscripts that have not yet had the final revision
formally approved and/or the necessary copyright forms signed.
- Are pure mathematicians the lyric poets of science? Mathematical
output and creativity across the life span. In P. Casazza, S. Krantz,
& R. Ruden (Eds.), I, mathematician. Washington, DC:
Mathematical Association of America.
- On praising convergent thinking: Creativity as blind variation and
selective retention. Creativity Research Journal (Festschrift
for Arthur Cropley).
- Creative genius, knowledge, and reason: The lives and works of
eminent creators. In J. C. Kaufman & J. Baer (Eds.), Cambridge
companion to creativity and reason in cognitive development (2nd
ed.). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
genius and psychopathology: Creativity as positive and negative
personality. In G. J. Feist, R. Reimer-Palmon, & J. C. Kaufman
(Eds.), Frontiers in creativity and personality. New York:
- Psychology as a science within Comte’s hypothesized hierarchy: An
empirical and conceptual update. Review of General Psychology
(as part of a special section devoted to meta-theory).
- Eminent female psychologists in family context: Historical trends
for 80 women born 1847-1950. Journal of Genius and Eminence.
everyday creativity to eminent cases of creative achievement in
professional domains. In T. Lubart, M. Botella, X. Caroff, C.
Mouchiroud, J. Nelson & F. Zenasni
(Eds.), Homo creativus: The 7 C’s of human creativity. New
- Creativity. In S. J. Lopez, L. M. Edwards, & S. C. Marques
(Eds.), The handbook of positive
psychology (3rd ed.). New York: Oxford University Press.
Complete Publication List
Honors Publications Received
Representative Journal Articles
Works in Progress
Last updated: January 20, 2015