- Ph.D., Personality Psychology, Bielefeld University, Germany, 2010
- M.Sc., Psychology, Bielefeld University, Germany, 2007
In addition to her academic role, Wiebke Bleidorn serves as associate editor of Social Psychological and Personality Science and the British Journal of Psychology, and as consulting editor of the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology and Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin. She also is a member of several professional organizations, including the European Association of Personality Psychology (EAPP), the Society for Personality and Social Psychology (SPSP), the Society for Ambulatory Assessment (SAA), the International Society for the Study of Behavioral Development (ISSBD), the Association for Psychological Science (APS), and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Psychologie (DGPs).
Professor Bleidorn examines the conditions, mechanisms, and consequences of personality change. Personality change is an emerging subfield that straddles the areas of personality, developmental, and social psychology, and Professor Bleidorn's work sits at this intersection. Her current research involves questions about the cultural and social conditions under which people change, the genetic and environmental mechanisms that account for change, and the consequences of these changes for psychological functioning and important life outcomes.
- Bleidorn, W., Schoenbrodt, F., Gebauer, J. E., Rentfrow, P.E., Potter, J. & Gosling, S.D. (2016). To live among like-minded others: Exploring the links between personality-city fit and self-esteem. Psychological Science. ** IN PRESS **
- Bleidorn, W., Arslan, R. C., Denissen, J. J., Rentfrow, P. J., Gebauer, J. E., Potter, J., & Gosling, S. D. (2015). Age and Gender Differences in Self-Esteem-A Cross-Cultural Window. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. ** IN PRESS **
- Bleidorn, W. (2015). What accounts for personality maturation in early adulthood? Current Directions in Psychological Science, 24, 245–252.
- Jokela, M., Bleidorn, W., Lamb, M. , Gosling, S. D., & Rentfrow, P. J. (2015). Geographically varying associations between personality and life satisfaction in the London metropolitan area. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the U.S.A., 112(3), 725-730.
- Bleidorn, W., Kandler, C., & Caspi, A. (2014). The behavioral genetics of personality development in adulthood – Classic, contemporary, and future trends. European Journal of Personality, 28 (3), 244-255.
- Bleidorn, W., Klimstra, T. A., Denissen, J. J. A., Rentfrow, J., Potter, P. J., & Gosling, S. D. (2013). Personality maturation around the world – A cross-cultural examination of Social Investment Theory. Psychological Science, 24 (12), 2530-2540.
Professor Bleidorn teaches in the areas of social-personality. She focuses on personality development, personality processes, behavioral genetics, experience-sampling and social roles.
In recognition of her body of research, Professor Bleidorn has received the 2016 SAGE Young Scholars Award from the Foundation for Personality and Social Psychology and the Early Achievement Award from the European Association of Personality Psychology. In 2015, she was regognized as Rising Star by the Association for Psychological Science (APS). Professor Bleidorn currently holds a research grant from the Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO), Innovational Research Incentives Scheme (VENI Scheme); on “Becoming a Parent – Personality Development During a Major Life Transition.”