Internships in Psychology - PSC 192
How do I sign up for PSC 192?
- Find an internship that is relevant to the field of psychology. There is a list of internships from previous quarters here. Your internship does not have to be one that is in the list, but it should be related to the field of psychology.
- E-mail Dr. Lagattuta to find out if your internship is likely to be approved, to get a copy of the syllabus, and to set up a meeting time with her.
- After Dr. Lagattuta gives you tentative approval, download the PSC 192 Application. Complete the form, print it, and sign it.
- Have your internship supervisor sign the application form.
- Meet with or e-mail Dr. Lagattuta to get official approval for the internship.
- Take the approved application (with Dr. Lagattuta's signature) to the Undergrad Advising Office to get a CRN.
- All paperwork must be completed by the 10th day of instruction. If this poses a problem for you, meet with Dr. Lagattuta during the first week of the quarter to discuss it.
What are the Requirements for PSC 192
Other Information about PSC 192
- PSC 192 is offered in the fall, winter and spring quarters. It is not currently offered during the summer.
- PSC 192 offers 1 to 6 units of pass/no pass credit to upper division students who are involved in fieldwork in psychology.
- PSC 192 may be repeated once for credit. No more than twelve 192 units are allowed to count towards graduation unit requirements; this includes 192 units taken in other departments.
- Only the first six PSC 192 units count towards the upper division units required for the Psychology major. The remainder counts only as part of the upper division units required for graduation.
- PSC 192 students must have upper division standing, and we recommend a minimum of five upper division psychology courses (this includes courses taken concurrently with Psychology 192). The point is that you need a strong enough background to tackle the term paper.